Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Not a bad deal after all !

* Had an interesting conversation on phone with a mormon, whose wife received our books. Apparently he was not at all happy after he saw the books after going home. He called me and left a nasty voice message showing his dissatisfaction. He also spoke to me later and vented his anger at us using the name of George Harrison by selling our 'yoga' books. After some time I cut the conversation and said "Have a nice day". And he replied 'You have a nice day too.. HARE KRISHNA!!" It was so funny that he said Hare Krishna in the end. I said to myself 'that's not a bad deal after all' :))

* I met an Indian person who took the Bhagavad-Gita and when I asked for a donation. He gave $5 and he replied : "That is why we can not spread our Hindu culture through out the world. Just look at the christian missionaries. They distribute Bible like any thing without asking money like this. That is why they are able to spread so well. Because of your tactics, we can not spread like that. People will unwillingly give the donation and they won't feel good about you". I told him that we have to do this activity based on the money we receive from good souls like him. And we some one like him can donate good amount, we can afford to give freely to others. Then some thing happened to him and he immediately took his wallet and gave $20 bill and told me : "Use this and give 4 free Bhagavad-Gita's to others.. especially westerners.." :)) 'Not a bad deal after all', I said to myself :))

* Sri Krishna Purushottam and I met one old American man and he was quite familiar with Hare Krishnas. He knew about Srila Prabhupada and it seems he also worked with some devotees for procuring some things (it seems he set up a computer for them and a software which constantly scrolls the maha mantra in various fonts) for Berkeley temple. He accepted our book pack and gave some donation. He also chanted the maha mantra.

Ys
Kishore

No comments:

Post a Comment