Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Knocking the doors like Nityananda Prabhu did .

I distributed books for 3-4 hrs only, and did not get a chance to interact much with others. But the Lord was merciful, and I had the glorious chance to shadow Sri Krsna Purushottama Prabhu at some doors, and also have him come to my rescue. at one. It was also very interesting to hear from his brother Sri-Ram Prabhu on how book distribution is done at his place back in India, and how he maintains a work/spiritual-life balance.

GNABs:

When my knock was answered by an Indian couple, I thought this would be an easy one. But it was not. After listening for a bit, they said they were Muslims. As I explained to them how the ISKCON philosophy was independent of religion, I was also mentally prepared not to ask them for a donation. And then, Sri Krsn Purushottam prabhu who was at the next door listening to all this, came over and charmed the couple into donating for our cause!

At another building, there were two doors side by side. Upon not getting a response from the first one, I knocked at the other. We had some luck there where our knock was answered and we started out with our little speech. I thought our luck doubled when the first door opened just a crack, but to my dismay a very grumpy lady inside told me that it was not a good time at all. I smiled and apologized, and thought I was ‘leaving with a good impression.’ But that was not so. Someone else was making the good impression, and of course it was Sri Krsn Purushottam Prabhu who was having so much fun at the second door, that the loud laughter seeped into the house of the old lady who opened the door one more time, very wide this time, and could not resist asking me what it was all about! She was very impressed with the philosophy and agreed to what we had to say. She could not believe that people would want to give classes and prasadam for free. She kept insisting that there was a catch somewhere. She took it well when we explained ‘overflow’. She is out of job right now but no one says no to Sri Krsn Purushottam’s sweet request for donation.


Ys

Shraddha devi dasi.


For the MSF, Khyati brought one friend Pompiya B. to temple last week and I had opportunity to talk to my old friend Amit, due to whose association I was blessed with the acquaintance of ISKCON in Boston, 7 years back.

We went to this Ashram out of curiosity to find a temple near Stockton. While we were talking to the priest,
he said that he did have some students from nearby universities come and that he had some challenges explaining.
We were able to provide the Bhagavad Gitas to the temple priest, who will probably use it for reference and possibly give it to devotees as needed.
We have placed fliers in the BG and around 7 small books placed in temple, hoping devotees get aware of our temple and possibly join us.
He was very happy to receive books and was also praising Srila Prabhupada.

Srila Prabhupada ki Jai!
MSF for Lord Nityanand ki Jai!

ys
niral & khyati


No comments:

Post a Comment