Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Re: My beloved disciple Rasika-sekhar - His Grace Vaisesika Prabhu

My Dear Damodara Vamsidari prabhu;
Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Please let everyone know that today is Gopastami!
On this day Radhika is able to join Krishna for His gostha lila (cowherding pastimes), disguised as a cowherd boy. How does She manage that?

On this day Krishna feels great separation from Sri Radhika in the morning. His friend Subala (who looks just like Radhika) decides to help Him out by saying, "Just sit and wait here, Kanai! I will bring Your beloved here in no time!" He hurries over to Yavata, the village where Sri Radhika lives (with Her husband), and knocks on the door of Her mother-in-law Jatila's house. Jatila opens the door and asks him: "Subala, what do you want here?"

Subala says: "I'm looking for one of my calves! My friends saw it wandering around here somewhere! Can I look for it in your yard?"
Jatila says: "Well, I suppose so!"

Subala slips inside the house and goes straight to Sri Radhika's quarters. Radhika is a little surprised when She sees Krishna's dear friend Subala inside Her room and She ask him: "Subala! How is Kana (Krishna)? Can You help Me to meet Him somehow?"
Subala says: "Sure! Just put on my cowherd's dress and go straight out of the door! When You meet Jatila You just tell her: "Thank you for letting Me search for My calve! I'm carrying it along under My scarf!" In this way You can explain the big volume of Your breasts under Your cowherdboy-scarf!"
Sri Radhika and Subala then exchange clothes and Radhika thus manages to escape from Jatila's vigilance, strictly following Subala's instructions. Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami says: subala nyasta sarupya: "Sri Radhika has invested Her own form in Subala". From this story we can understand for which purpose She has done this.

When Radhika, dressed as Subala, comes to Krishna, She decides to play a trick on Him. She pretends to be Subala and tells Krishna: "Sorry, Kanai! I didn't manage to bring Sri Radhika to You! But don't worry anyway! I met Candravali on the way and she says that she's all ready for You, so if you want You can go to her!" Krishna passes the test, though, and wails: "Radhe! I only want You! How can I meet You somehow?" Seeing how faithful Krishna is to Her, Sri Radhika becomes very pleased. She reveals Her real identity to Krishna and gives Him a warm embrace.
 

Today is the only other day during the year when we get to have darshan of Srimati Radharani's Lotus Feet. Vraja Kishori pr. did a magnificent job dressing The Deities this morning. Please take shelter of this magnificent day!

Your servant,
Bhaktavatsala das

 



From: DEEPAK CHANDANI <deepakc108@gmail.com>
To: Announcements ISKCON SV <announcements@iskconsv.org>
Sent: Tue, November 20, 2012 8:44:56 AM
Subject: My beloved disciple Rasika-sekhar - His Grace Vaisesika Prabhu

Dear ISV Devotees

Please accept my respectful obesisances. 
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Please find mail sent by His Grace Vaisesika Prabhu in memory of Rasika-sekhar Prabhu( aka Raxit Prabhu), truly "the most dear servant of Krishna",  who left His body yesterday.
We all are shocked and pray to Krishna for His soul and stand in support for our dear Sonal Mataji,Neil and Nisha.

Enclosing picture of Prabhu ji that appeared multiple times in his elegant and unique MSF offering offerings in dandavats.

Your humble servants
ISV Communication Team


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: vaisesika.dasa@gmail.com <vaisesika.dasa@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Subject: My beloved disciple Rasika-sekhar
To: deepakc108@gmail.com


Govardhana Hill

My beloved disciple Rasika-sekhara Prabhu,

Bhadram te. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I went on parikrama around Govardhana Hill this morning and when I came back to the ashrama, I was brimming with happiness and singing out loud.

As soon as I arrived at my room, however, my dear godbrother Kesava Bharati Dasa Goswami hurried in to see me. Just by seeing his face I knew that something was terribly wrong.

He told me to sit down because he had some very heavy news.

When he told me that you had left your body, I sat for a long while with my eyes closed, chanting under my breath, remembering you, praying to Krsna that you attain the highest goal for your selfless service to Lord Caitanya's sankirtana movement at ISV.

I first became aware of your deep devotion to the Lord many years ago when I got the news that you had insisted on keeping Srila Prabhupada's books in your garage rather sending them to a storage locker. You and Sonal were determined to supply the sankirtana devotees with books from your home. The moment I heard this, I knew that I liked you.

Soon your home became known as Sankirtana Central, and devotees delighted in going there on weekends to pick up transcendental books. Your house had taken on a festive atmosphere.

From then on your service repertoire grew and grew as you eagerly accepted various duties in preaching and management. Whatever you did - preparing the offerings after the MSF (which you developed into an art), making announcements at the temple, or keeping super tidy accounts of ISV's laxmi - you did in your own one-hundred-percent-dependable style.

Year after year I watched you intently listen to Krsna katha and study Srila Prabhupada's books, steadily increasing your determination to surrender to Krsna.

And finally you did just that! Just a few months before your leaving this world, to the great delight of everyone, you accepted initiation vows and a spiritual name.

Rasika-sekhara, I am feeling your separation very intensely, and I always will.

My only solace on this saddest of days is that when you passed from this world you were up to your neck in service to Sri Sri Radha Madan Mohan. You were fixed in devotion.

In the Gita, Krsna asks Arjuna to declare boldly to the world that He will always protect His devotee. And He also says that even a tiny drop of service never goes in vain.

Because of your faith in and surrender to Krsna, I have full confidence that He has made a very special arrangement for your service to continue.

You were a loving son, father, and husband, you had a successful career, and you had an abundance of friends who treasured you. But most important, you surrendered your soul to Krsna and did unforgettable service to Lord Caitanya's sankirtana movement.

With eternal gratitude and affection,

Vaisesika Dasa

 

Vaisesika Dasa

Vaisesika Dasa


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "ISV Announcements" group. For more options: http://groups.google.com/a/iskconsv.org/group/announcements

No comments:

Post a Comment