Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let's leave everyone with a good impression.

On Dec. 26 i met a nice Indian gentleman at our SF Harinama. He said that he was a devotee of Krishna his whole life and now he was facing some hard times. He had lost his job and had no where to sleep. He said that he was losing his faith. We were standing at the book table when he asked, "What can you tell me? I don't know what to do." He asked if he could stay at our Temple, but i explained that it is very small and there may not be any room. I really did not know what to do, but somehow i could not let him leave without some words of encouragement. I gave him 2 small books, an ISO and a Civ + Trans, and i told him that if you have Krishna then you have everything. I could tell that he had a renewed sense of hope when he took the books. I gave him my personal phone number and told him that if you get into trouble please call me and i will come and get you and bring you to my apartment. A few days later he called and said he was staying at a friends house for a few days. He told me that he had graduated with a Hotel and Restaurant Managament degree from India and was desperate to send money back to his family. I sent an email to my friend Michelle who is the owner of an award winning restaurant here in the city. Now he has a job interview on Monday. I could tell by the timbre of his voice that his faith in God is renewed by his experience with the devotees. We really made a difference in his life. He was so happy to see the devotees on Harinama. Every time we go on book distribution, we eradicate ignorance and bring auspiciousness to everyone we connect with. My whole life all i wanted to do is help people. This Sankirtan movement is the best way to really help....in fact it is the only way to help people. As Vaisesika Prabhu has said," Let's leave everyone with a good impression. Everyone we meet should feel that they have met a spiritual person." Let us not be afraid to go the extra distance to make our preaching more personal. Sometimes just giving someone your phone number can really encourage them to get reconnected to Krsna Consciousness. We should approach everyone with an open heart, ready to do what is necessary to help. Those who are receptive will appreciate your effort. Everyone is looking for Krishna everywhere. All Glories to the Sankirtan Devotees!!!
Ys, ……Bhakta Jorge

No comments:

Post a Comment