Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Wife Saying YES & Husband Saying NO

One of the doors I knocked, an Indian lady answered and said that they were running late for a dinner party. I said it will be quick and gave her a book pack and asked for a donation. She went inside and I heard someone yelling that why are we obligated to give any donation and so on. It was her husband and then he slammed the door on me. They both were arguing inside and I was not sure if I should have stayed or not. Wife was arguing that they should get the book and the husband was saying no. Finally the wife came back really upset and her eyes were red. She very politely asked if she can the books back. I did not put any pressure on her and I left. I was remembering the Wives of the Brahmana's from Krsna book where the wives were so eager to help. Just the argument that the lady put for Krsna may have elevated her to higher position.
Another door I knocked, a teen age spanish boy answered the door. He was wearing a cross around his neck. He was talking through a small slit so that the dog would not come out of the door. I told him that these are the books on yoga and meditation. He was saying that back to their parents in the house, " This is a book on yoga and meditation. Do you want it? " . The parents were saying no. Then I told him that it helps us to get free from stress and anxiety. He was saying the same thing back to them. He was trying to sell the book to his parents. I was so happy that he was preaching this message unknowingly. They did not take the book but I was very happy that he preached.

.. Malini devi dasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment