Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good days ahead

) I stopped one American lady who happened to be a believer of Jesus christ and a true (okay, so-called) follower of Christianity. I didn't know this and directly presented her a Bhagavad-Gita. She immediately told she was a christian but I felt she was very open minded. I insisted her that the book is not about religion but about the science of soul. She seemed to know a little bit about Indian philosophy and asked about a book which had the cover page of Durga (she told a Goddess with many hands etc etc). I told her Durga is under the supervision of Krishna and if she reads Bhagavad-Gita then she doesn't need to read about various sub-categories. I showed her various pictures inside Bhagavad-Gita and also the classical picture which involves soul traversing through childhood body to old body. I explained her that and immediately she told she doesn't believe in reincarnation. I wanted her not to lose faith so I explained her that we had a different body in our childhood and a completely different body now but we remain the same person, so this concept is being called reincarnation. She got convinced about that. She was asking about various yoga practices that she was aware of (like bodily postures, going inside a steamy room and voluntarily sweating etc etc). I told her that all these yoga work on the body but Bhagavad-Gita is the topmost yoga which works on soul. Even though she kept saying that her husband might chastise her for taking the book, the inquisitiveness in her won over her fear and she finally decided to take the Bhagavad-Gita. I felt really happy. Good days ahead of her…………..

1 comment:

  1. The Bhagavad-Gita is considered to be one of the most sacred and popular religious scriptures of Hinduism.

    ReplyDelete