Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Srila Prabhupad -- Number one Book distributor

Not only cleaning clothes Where ever I go, I try and bring some books for me to place in a library, or a Moral, Welfare, Recreation Center. On one mission we had to pick someone up at another base and when we picked him up he reminded me, I still had laundry from my last time there. So off we went, I walked in and gave my ticket and he found my bag and had this huge grin. Sir, does this bag belong to you?, Yes, it does. He then asked me to come into the back with him. I was a little worried, did I leave a thumb drive in my clothes or some money, what could it be? As I went in the back everyone stopped and looked at me. I asked the man, what is this about? Another man smiled and said Hare Krsna, very surpised I said Hare Krsna back. He said, Sir, we have all wonder who would be wearing this saffron cloth and also a US Army uniform. To our surprise it is you. They went on to tell me they know of our Krsna Balarama Temple, and they know of the Maha Mantra. I asked how they knew I was in ISKCON, he laughed and said well, the shirt with Bhativedanta Swami on it let us know. Laughing, I then explained to them that yes, I am a devotee and trying to spread this ancient message to everyone I met in Iraq. I asked them if they ever read Srila Prabhupada's books, and some have, others haven't. I asked someone to come with me and came back with a case of books, some incense and some other maha goodies. Everyone in the laundry center stood in line to take a book! Two gentleman asked me to take a photo of them and we exchanged email address and I went on my way. On the road I thought, I deal with so much austerity here, no food, extreme heat, no association but experiences like that make it worth the hardships. Srila Prabhupada will always be the number one book distributor in ISKCON and we can all simply pray to assist him in some manner……………………. Partha-sarathi dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment