Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Srimad Bhagavatam set distribution stories

1) I have met one person, i have requested him to have Bhagavatam, he replied that "i have already had Bhagavad Gita. I am happy with that ". I just asked him to tell some thing about KRISHNA, he didnt say much. I told him that Bhagavatam was spoken about KRISHNA, if you read the glories of the LORD everyday, your faith becomes stronger and then you would follow the instructions given in Bhagavad Gita with pure LOVE... As prabhupada said, you should know about the person whom you should worship very well. i,e Bhagavatam. He was happy and took a small Set.

2) I have met another person, he said that he knows the importance of Bhagavatam, BUT he wanted later. As prabhupada said, LATER never comes since there is no guarantee for next second. I have told him that this is the one time investment for your LIFE, this transcendental knowledge would save your future generations as well...BUT he was reluctant at that moment. But he came to me after 3 days, requested a BIG set. That was the power of Paramatma feature !

3) I have met one mataji, i knew her very well. I have asked her "How do you feel if KRISHNA comes to your home ?" Immediately she replied that would be BEST & LAST moment in my LIFE. I have told her that "I thought the same and taken your name for Bhagavatam SET" :-) And Krishna comes to your home in text form. she could not say NO and took a small set.

4) I have met another mataji, she is not regular, but spoken to her few times ..i have requested her to have bhagavatam, she said NO, I cant keep it at my home since there was no space. This was bit funny, i told her that "Since you are not providing room for KRISHNA at your home. That indicates you are not providing space for KRISHNA in your heart too....." . She was confused for a while.... As prabhupada said, You take KC first, then Rules and Regulations comes automatically...If you think that you have to follow Rules and Regulations before you accept KC, that never happens.. she also took one small set.

5) I have met one more person, he had some budget issues..i have told him that budget is a common problem for everyone and even for US gov too... But we still satisfy our body needs with out bothering about mind, so we should have medicine for mind regularly, i.e Bhagavatam. Once your mind is engaged in the service of Supreme Lord, all budget problems disappear at once .... he was laughed for some time....:-) And took one small set...

6) I have approached one devotee, as soon as he saw me, he said that i have already got all books of prabhupada.. i just kept silent for few sec...and then replied: Very nice to hear that you have got everything ..But others NOT. I would request to donate some Lakshmi for this great cause... he took some time and donated $151. His brother was looked at me, before i ask him, he replied that we both are from same family. Again i was silent for few secs..Then i replied to him that You both are from same family but each of you have different spiritual accounts.. Your brother's donation never get credited into your spiritual account .... you have to increase your spiritual account too...this surely help you from great danger .... I have requested him to "HELP US BY HELPING YOUR SELF " he smiled at me and pledged $108.

Bhakta Bharath

No comments:

Post a Comment