Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seriously Praying for Mercy

1.) Sunday turned out to be an eye-opener for me. I chanted all my rounds very seriously praying for the health of my Guru Maharaja and also requesting the Lordships to use me as an instrument when we go out for Book Distribution. For more than one hour Hariharan Prabhu and I kept on knocking empty doors or disgruntled house owners for disturbing their afternoon sleep. We couldn't even distribute one single book and hence we decided to change venue. I went to join Vipul Pr at New India Bazaar and Prabhu went to join Vedavit Pr at another Door2Door venue. At the end of the day I could understand that we also need Krsna's mercy in addition to our endeavour to become successful in our spiritual life. A sound realisation in time especially with Damodar-Lila to happen soon.

2.) On Saturday Hariharan Pr and I met a person who said that he was an atheist, wanted to read the Bhagavad Gita but didn't have any money to pay for it. He said that he would pay for it later! I was a little hesitant but Hariharan Prabhu instantly gave him the Bhagavad Gita and asked him to read. After this person closed the door I asked Hariharan Pr his reasoning and he said "Atheists are generally very honest to their word. They believe that they reap the results of what they do and generally try to do the right thing!" It was something new I learnt on Book Distribution. True to Prabhu's words this person gave $10.00 for a Hard Bhagavad Gita when we returned to his house today!

Austerity of speech consists in speaking words that are truthful, pleasing, beneficial, and not agitating to others, and also in regularly reciting Vedic literature. - Bhagavad-Gita 17.15

Ys

Narahari Dev das

No comments:

Post a Comment