Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thou shall eat only Leaf,Flower,Fruit & Water

: I was distributing "Christian Vegetarian" pamphlets (some Christians gave me in Berkeley a couple years ago) to people who said they did not like our books because we are not Christians, and found that this was a good way of peacefully engaging people. When my pamphlets recently ran out, I was thinking I would like to have more of them. I was even telling Vaish last week that maybe I would go to their website (www.christianveg.org) and order a few hundred at $.12 apiece.
On Saturday in Santa Cruz, a Christian veg. hippie named "Star" offered me one of the same pamphlets, and I told him how I like to pass them out and was even thinking of buying some. He gave me all he had, for free, about 100 of them.
If anyone likes I can provide some. They can be used sparingly, just for those who clearly are not interested in taking a book and want to make a point that as Christians they do not like what we are doing. I find it quickly defuses the situation if we say, "We do have a Christian pamphlet, written by Christians, which we also pass out to those who are interested. Here, please take one." They see it really is a Christian pamphlet and go away calm and satisfied. The pamphlet argues strongly in favor of vegetarianism based on Christian scriptures and priciples, and as far as I can tell is in line with Prabhupada's preaching to Christians (i.e., "Don't stop being Christians, but to be better Christians become vegetarians.")
Y.s., Akruranatha dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment