Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I want this Krishna book .... Please......

(From Praveena) :

GNAB1: A chinese mother and a son(probably 7 yrs) approached the table, I was showing her the books and she showed some interest and took one chinese book but she said she didn't have any money and asked her son if he had some money he said he have a quarter and gave it to me. They both took the book and left the table, in few seconds the kid came back and pointing out English KRSNA book he asked me what is this?, I showed the pictures and explained him Krsna's past times from the pictures. He asked me if he can have that book, i asked him to get some donation, he said he had saved few quarters which his mom gave and he gave me 3 quarters. I asked him can you get little more donation from his MOM as that book is little expensive, he went and came back with disappointment but started pleading me with pleasing face holding KRSNA book " Please.. Can I please give you money next sunday when I come, I want this book .. Please.. ". He was not ready to leave that book at any cost, I was so happy to see a CHINESE kid showing so much interest in KRSNA book, finally had to give it for 3 quarters and he was so happy to take it.

GNAB2: I just stopped a person passing by. I asked him where he was from? He said he is from Japan. I gave him a flier and was explaing him about the Bhakti Yoga Classes. He smiled at me and said "Hare Krsna". I was so surprised he then said " Haribol". His pronounciation was nice though he is a Japanese. I asked how he knew about Hare Krsna, he said that he is a vounteer of some organization and does fund raising for their organization and many times he met Iskcon LA devotees while fund raisng. He said Hare Krsna's are very nice. We gave him a Isopanisad book and informed about Satyadeva Prabhu's preaching at Japan. We invited him to come to the temple to meet Satyadeva Prabhu.

No comments:

Post a Comment