Join The International Festival of 1,008 Book Distributors!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Haribol for men Radhabol for women

Dear devotees,

Pamho. agtSP.

I got a donation of $201 from one of my colleagues on the special occasion of Bhakti Vinoda Thakur MSF.

If you have time you can go through the small story behind the donation. My colleague's name is Nishanth I knew him from the past 8months (we both are working on the same project and used to share the work load equally(50% - 50%), he is an indian but kind of ATHEIST, never used to believe in the existence of Supreme personality of Godhead, KRSNA.

We used to have many arguments in the office many times but couldn't convince so thought the best way is to give prasadam, so I used to give him some home made sweet prasadam almost every week. Slowly he became one of my close friends, but with the POWER OF PRASADAM, he started believing on KRSNA and appreciate our activities. He donated a small amount for Gita Jayanti too last year.

This year his contribution improved, he used to help me out by taking out to Fedex Kinkos, Walmarts, Michaels, Indian stores for temple needs when ever required (Note: I still don't know Car Driving...so dependent on others) so indirectly he was participating in Lord Caitanya's sankirtan movement and after every service he used to say " I have done so many sins..let me do some good work by helping you in some way so that your KRSNA will excuse me"

Interesting thing is he used ask me so many details..like "How do you greet devotees?" I said either "hare Krsna" or "Haribol"..from that moment he started greeting me "RADHA BOL" I asked what is Radha bol?..,he said "Haribol is for men and RADHABOL should be for women ..

If any new task comes in the project, he started taking my workload partially and used to say " If you have some time you will use it for KRSNA" so its better if you have time..i was so surprised to see his thinking and transformation..its all effect of KRSNA PRASADAM. He came to temple once and liked it a lot.

Couple of weeks back finally he had gone back to India for GOOD. Last week one of his friends gave me a GIFT saying while leaving back to India he asked them to give this to me...I opened it with full eagerness and inside was "DONATION OF $201 TOWARDS ISKCON". I sent a Thanks mail and he replied saying "Krishnarpanamastu". Now I got a new partner...at my work ..just started giving him "KRSNA PRASADAM", THE ONE AND THE MOST EFFICIENT WEAPON...

I would like to give this donation towards the BHAKTI VINODA THAKUR's MSF and seek his mercy towards fallen souls like me and my friend.

Bhakti Vinoda Thakur MSF ki Jaya!

Ys,

Praveena

No comments:

Post a Comment